|Real Name||Yanni Sholla|
|Other Names||Seireitou, Hikaru|
|Occupation||World's Top Detective, Head of the KETF|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 2008|
Y is a fictional character in the manga, anime and film series Death Note. Y was considered extremely smart for a boy his age, however, stayed within the shadows of the other orphans at Wammy's House. He reguarded L as his idol, being everything he wanted to be. After Near's rise as the new "L", Y left the Wammy's House to search for his own path into gaining a high position as L did.
The Second Kira CaseEdit
- Main article: Second Kira Case
Once a new Kira arose, and Near refused to take on the case, considering this new Kira to be an insult to the memory of Light and L alike. Y used this opportunity to introduce his own task force.
Y's disheveled and languid appearance masks his great powers of deduction and insight. He tends to second-guess everything he is presented with, and is extremely meticulous and analytical. Roger Ruvie of the Whammy's House himself stated that Y was considered a "combo" of both Near and L, but had the smarts to surpass both L and Near. he is considered to be very direct, even in casual and formal talk. This makes him very hard to deal with, since he jokes around alot, but is serious when need be.
- "Near is a coward."
- "There are no loser in games. Only in life."
- "Kira, you think so highly of yourself. So lets see it, your power. Kill me! Go for it!"
- "Please to meet you at last, L number three. We are a new organization known as the KETF or Kira Elimination Task Force. As for myself, I am at the center of the KETF. You may address me, as Y."
- "So your Lo huh? Is your partner High?"